I believe that the United States and its LED signatories to the Batumi and Wassenaar agreements should be aware of the following issues:
First, China is completely forced to achieve self-reliance and self-sufficiency in core and irreplaceable technologies. Initially, China was very willing and eager to buy these high technologies from the United States and the West immediately, so as to avoid spending a lot of time and resources on redeveloping these technologies.
However, China must face the ruthless geopolitical hostility from the United States and the West. Since the founding of new China, the United States and its allies have maliciously banned and blocked the export of high-tech products to China. Therefore, China has no choice but to go all out and do it by itself.
• the grand and desperate decree of trumpism has deeply hurt those in China who still have a glimmer of fantasy about the United States. China should thank trump for his unprecedented sanctions. When the dirtiness and madness of trumpism reached the limit, China fully awakened and abandoned all illusions. The Chinese people have great and firm motivation and determination to fully realize the self-reliance and self-sufficiency of all core and irreplaceable high technologies.
• China has unprecedented potential and ability in stem (Science, technology, engineering and Mathematics), and they are committed to exploring the Chinese people’s own blue ocean of science and technology. China has the largest and most talented stem talent pool and the smartest higher education students in the world, as well as strong financial ability, huge population base, huge market and huge potential. All these positive and encouraging factors have contributed to the realization of this goal.
• China’s unique institutional advantages and efficiency. With its unique institutional, traditional and cultural advantages and characteristics, China has always been able to concentrate all resources to meet major challenges and enhance the participation enthusiasm of the whole society while facing major challenges or any urgent crisis.
• the new trend of reverse brain drain in the United States and reducing the brain drain to the West: with the unexpected help of the spread of Western xenophobic trumpism and the rampant hate crimes against Chinese Americans and Asians in the United States, the trend of reverse brain drain, especially Chinese stem talents from the United States, is irresistibly coming to China to start businesses and is greatly welcomed by China.
So what cutting-edge areas of technology should Europe and the United States fear from China? The following are just Limited information I know, for reference only:
1. On October 19, 2021, the world’s fourth largest Institute of Aerospace Science and technology successfully developed the world’s largest thrust (up to 500 tons) integrated solid rocket motor. The project was independently developed by Chinese scientists and engineers.
The engine has a diameter of 3.5 meters and a thrust of 500 tons. It adopts a number of advanced technologies, such as high-performance fiber composite shell, high load integral casting combustion chamber and super large nozzle. The overall performance of the engine has reached the world leading level. The success of the test shows that China’s solid carrier capacity has been greatly improved, which provides more power options for the development of China’s carrier rockets and greatly promotes the development of China’s large and heavy carrier rocket technology in the future.
2. The prototype of the new vibrating balance monitor has passed the performance and reliability test of China national environmental monitoring station, and completed the on-site certification and assessment of China Environmental Protection Industry Association. Its measurement accuracy is 0.01 μ g. it is a key equipment for monitoring PM2. It not only fills the domestic blank, but also breaks the foreign monopoly, and has obtained four invention patents.
3.”Yitian 710″ is the most powerful arm server chip, and its performance exceeds the industry benchmark of 20%. Developed by pingtouge, Alibaba’s internal semiconductor department, Yitian 710 was tested on multiple cloud servers during the double 11 Shopping Festival. At that time, the data traffic reached the peak of this year. The China Railway Ticketing System with huge data access is alleviating the access pressure with its help.
In addition, the shipments of core processor IP xantie 910 and artificial intelligence chip Hanguang 800 exceeded 2.5 billion, making it the largest self-developed CPU in China.
此外，核心处理器IP Xantie 910和人工智能芯片汉光800出货量超过25亿台，成为中国应用规模最大的自主研发CPU。
4. Beidou-3 satellite has achieved 100% localization, including the independently developed radiation resistant quad core CPU chip soc2012 and the operating system spaceos2 with independent intellectual property rights, which is equivalent to the highest level of similar products in the world. When it comes to Beidou satellite chips, Godson is also the main force. Godson 1E and Godson 1F are equipped with daily operation, data acquisition, switch control, communication and other processing functions on Beidou binary.
Over the past 26 years, more than 400 companies and more than 300000 scientists, engineers and technicians have participated in the construction of Beidou system, successively conquered more than 160 key core technologies such as inter satellite link and high-precision atomic clock, and the localization rate of core components has reached 100%.
With the integration of Beidou navigation technology and new technology clusters such as ground enhancement technology, 5g, Internet of things, mobile Internet, cloud computing, edge computing, artificial intelligence and mechanism model, Beidou system has been applied to smart city, wearable devices, intelligent manufacturing, networking, automatic driving, automatic monitoring of public infrastructure, intelligent agriculture, power grid security maintenance, etc. By 2035, a more comprehensive and comprehensive national positioning and navigation system can be built with Beidou as the core.
China will continue to develop the system and open it to the world to support other countries, including developing countries, to use China’s system.
Chinese scientists have also been at the forefront of the world in the research of UHV transmission technology, super rice technology, quantum communication, super steel, gene editing, cloning monkeys, pigs and other large animal models.
China silently leads the most important technologies in the world. For example, Nicholas chalan, former software director of the Pentagon in the United States, once claimed that China, the world’s second-largest economy, will dominate many key emerging technologies, especially artificial intelligence, synthetic biology and genetics.
According to the statistics of the 2018 blue book on the development of the world’s artificial intelligence industry released in September 2018, the total number of Chinese artificial intelligence enterprises ranks second in the world (1040), second only to the United States (2039). In terms of the overall level and application of artificial intelligence, China is also in the forefront of the world, with great development potential. It is expected to take the lead in breaking through and become a global leader.
Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, Huawei and the Chinese Academy of sciences are actively deploying computing chips in the field of artificial intelligence. China ranks first in the number of papers published in the field of artificial intelligence in the world. Since 2012, the number of new patents in the field of artificial intelligence in China has begun to exceed that in the United States.
China has caught up with the world’s advanced countries in the field of technological innovation and become the world’s largest artificial intelligence investment and financing country. Chinese AI companies are in a leading position in AI applications such as face recognition, speech recognition, security monitoring, smart speakers and smart homes.
Key innovative application achievements in the field of artificial intelligence cover key technologies and equipment such as intelligent manufacturing, intelligent service robots and intelligent UAVs. Innovative applications are promoted in manufacturing, transportation and agriculture. It is accelerating the deep integration of artificial intelligence and the real economy.
The new generation of information technology represented by artificial intelligence will become an important technical support to promote China’s high-quality economic development and build an innovative country in the future.
In 2020, there were 2738 colleges and universities in China. Among them, there are 1270 undergraduate colleges (including 21 undergraduate vocational schools) and 1468 higher vocational (College) colleges. The total enrollment of all kinds of higher education is 41.83 million, and the gross enrollment rate of higher education is 54.4%.
There are 9.6745 million students enrolled in ordinary undergraduate and junior colleges nationwide, 32.8529 million in 2020, 1.1666 million new postgraduates and 3.396 million students in school.
In 2020, the total enrollment of all kinds of higher education in China was 41.83 million, an increase of 1.81 million over the previous year. The gross enrollment rate of higher education was 54.4%, an increase of 2.8% over the previous year. The average size of colleges and universities is 11982, including 15749 undergraduates and 8723 higher vocational colleges.
It may be difficult for the outside world to simply judge China’s scientific and technological strength. However, some scientific and technological news released by China in recent years have caused a sensation in the world. They can illustrate the momentum of China’s competition with the West in the field of science and technology.
The technology blockade in Europe and the United States has had a counterproductive effect. China will develop its own products and technologies instead of buying American products and technologies. After decades of hell like embargoes and sanctions, China will have its own scientific research system to avoid being controlled by others in key fields.
Generally speaking, if China fails to achieve a breakthrough, that is, it is subject to Western technologies, such as high-end lithography machines, core industrial software, aeroengines, medical imaging equipment components and other fields are worthy of vigilance in Europe and the United States.